Lead Assessor (North East of England)
Salary: Negotiable (Freelance, PT and FT opportunities)
35 hours per week
Travel (by own arrangement) to centres throughout the North East of England.
Purpose & Objectives
To assist in the development of training programmes, as required, to meet the needs of the local/national job market.
To deliver training, as required, to meet the demands of the local/national job market in locations throughout the North East of England.
To work with all staff to foster a supportive training environment for learners.
1. Design schemes of work and session plans for the delivery of training that are adaptable and suitable for each learner's needs, ensuring they meet the required awarding body standards for the qualifications being delivered.
2. Organisation of the provision of teaching materials and other resources.
3. Accurate and timely completion of the necessary paperwork required under the prime funding partners' contract requirements.
4. Delivery of training programmes, setting of objectives for individual learner's based on their particular needs, including decisions about how to maximise each learner's potential to gain employment.
5. Ensure programmes are delivered in accordance with the company's quality policies and procedures.
6. Assess learner's portfolio of evidence, provide feedback and sign off the award when all the requirements have been met.
7. Work with Assistant Assessors and mentors to guide and train them, counter sign non-qualified staff's evidence and assessment decisions.
8. Monitor and evaluate the programme's progress on a regular basis.
9. Abide by the Code of Conduct for the Centre and supervision of learner behaviour.
10. Ensure necessary records are kept and Health & Safety guidelines met.
11. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the Head of Delivery (or nominated representative) from time to time in consultation with the postholder.
12. To play a full role as a member of the kickstart2employment team.
A1 Assessor, PTLLS, NVQ Activity Leadership, BTEC Workskills.
Experience of recent planning and delivery of training programmes and workshops.
Excellent knowledge of the qualification standards.
Record of effective involvement in initiatives and innovations to deliver training to difficult to engage leaners.
Experience of leading training programmes efficiently and effectively.
Ability to use ICT as a learning/assessing tool.
Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and team working skills.
Ability to set objectives, work within timescales and determine priorities.
Able to evaluate the performance of learners and analyse achievement data.
Able to work flexibly during the day and travel to various locations, as required.
V1 or willingness to train as V1.
Internal: Head of Delivery, Area Manager, IQA Team, Senior Management of kickstart2employment, Learners
External: SV/EV, Job Centres, employment agencies, referral agencies, awarding bodies, external trainers
The postholder is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of him/herself in accordance with the company's policy and the Health & Safety At Work Act 1974.
The postholder is required to work in accordance with kickstart2employment's policy relating to the promotion of equality and diversity.
The postholder will be responsible for assisting in the identification and undertaking of his/her own training and development requirements in accordance with kickstart2employment's continual professional development policy.
call 01978 806 285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org